I found it really awkward trying to writing this post, partially out of guilt that I’ve been slacking so much on the posting front, and partially because I’m so used to writing emails for work that I actually thought starting this off with ‘hello all,’ was a solid idea. Actually it’s totally solid, I’m keeping it.
Things that have happened in the last month:
- Not a whole lot, between work and sleeping I found out that I’m a pretty boring person.
- Actually that’s a giant lie – I was out of the office last week because of Orientation Week 2015 and it was just the most amazing week ever. I remember that O-Week is always awesome but it’s not until you’re in the moment that you realize how amazing it is that the week happens due to the spirit of hundreds of volunteers and the power of pizza and coffee. My fellow leaders are totally my Orientation fam and I still have cheers looping in my head. Some of my first years told me that I inspired them to be leaders for next year and it was just the sweetest thing.
- So many emails piled up in my inbox while I was gone and it reiterated to me that I’m super Type A and I almost shed a tear when I saw that I had to sort it all out.
- Speaking of work, it’s going amazingly, everyone is amazingly cool here and I swear I’m getting better at pool and foosball (thanks to the games room). I love love love this role and how much I get to learn about and work on the back end of marketing. And sometimes I get to do fun things, like the TEDx event we’re doing on Friday (aka Friday off!) and Hack the North this weekend (to which I’ll be contributing nothing but a giant cheque with emojis on it, as well as very little hacking knowledge).
- I’m in the process of commissioning a brick wall tapestry from Elaine because she’s super talented and I want a brick wall in my room one way or another. Will let you all know how that works out!
Thanks for tuning in to this super fun segment of updates in Vicky’s life, please stay hyped for the eventual return of Music Mondays and other things.
Warmest regards (aha, get it – work brain!),